Hi There Folks,
Carsten aka Roy/SAC speaking again. This time about Text Art (yeah, can you actually believe it? hehe). It has been ages.. or well at least 2-3 years that I fulfilled any art requests, but yeah, believe it or not, I actually managed to finish two requests for ASCII art, which I both received via PM at DeviantArt.
The first one was a complete NFO file design for a group called “Reverse The Noob”, short RTN. Never heard of the group before, so no clue what kind of stuff they release. I decided to go with a Newskool ASCII design (I did that for both ASCII requests actually). Next to the logo I also created the NFO file body for the release information and member lists etc.
The second request was somewhat commercial in nature, although I myself did not get paid for this (that’s a principle of mine, remember?*). It’s for a developer tool called “Sidekiq Pro“.
Here is what the web site for the tool has to say about itself:
Sidekiq Pro is a collection of useful functionality for the open source Sidekiq library.
The tools costs $75 per year (subscription model). There you have it.
* Note: I wanted to clarify this statement a bit more. Yes, I don’t do art for hire (getting paid to do it), however, I do accept and appreciate voluntary donations to support “the cause” and to help paying the site hosting fees etc. One does not have to do with the other, meaning, not donating does not decreases the odds that I will actually do and finish an art request and making a donation does not necessarily help you with the problem of me accepting your art request.
In addition to fulfilling my first two art requests in ages, I decided to spoil myself a little and created a new RoySAC.com NFO file header. It’s derived from the previous version of the RoySAC.com release NFO.
As you probably noticed, this version is much fuller in body than the old one and that lead me to also create a colored ANSI version of it shortly after.
Ah, yes, everything looks much brighter in shiny colors, doesn’t it?
I played around with the ANSI Version a little bit more and decided to create an oversized .BIN Ansi of it. .BIN Ansi have a width of 160 characters, that’s twice the width of regular ANSI Text Files.
I hope you like the new stuff I did. Btw. Just because I did two art requests does not mean that I officially accept requests now. What I posted a while back on my web site holds still true. Sorry mates, but if you send me short message with a request and contact info to get back to you, I might decide to do it all of the sudden and there you are, NO PROMISES though.
Carsten aka Roy/SAC.
What Else Is New?
- I added a couple new articles and tutorials to the ASCII Art Academy section of my site.
- ANSI.SYS Documentation and Referene
- The FIGfont Version 2 FIGfont and FIGdriver Standard
- Female Character Drawing by Enzo/Blocktronics (from their latest Art Pack release)
- I added a bunch of new ANSI’s to the gallery with ANSI Text Art done by other Artists. It now shows over 300 pieces of marvelous ANSI art.
- The Ansimations (ANSI Animations) Gallery was stocked up to 140 pieces of Text Art. I also added some of my videos of ANSI Animations were I supplied a custom Voiceover to the gallery intro page.
- The Dytec – Dynamic Technologies group pages were extended by 9 more Commodore 64 crack intros, which I found on the Net and video captured. That increases the total Dytec cracktros across all three platforms (C64, Commodore Amiga and IBM PC) to a whopping 62!!!
- I added a couple more educational videos by Chris “Rad Man/ACiD” Wirth to my Videos Section. I also re-uploaded the BBS Documentary videos to Vimeo since they are no longer available via Google Video (They shut down their service, in the case that you have not noticed that yet :().
But Now Really! So Long…